Our energy-efficient designs primarily target reductions in CO2, NOx and particulate emissions to reduce greenhouse gases and improve air quality. Some of our key methods to achieve this include:
- Switch to low-carbon fuel such as clean hydro-electricity instead of coal or fuel oil and even natural gas.
- Replace inefficient boilers with condensing boilers and convert to variable flow systems.
- Select low NOx burners to reduce emissions to below 30 ppm.
- Install heat recovery systems using heat pumps or simple runaround loops for dedicated or 100% outdoor air systems.
- Employ electric heat-recovery chillers where heating and cooling loads are available year round.
- Use water-cooled condensers and heat pumps to efficiently transfer heat from refrigerants.